I spent a long time last night painting my remaining 2
design tiles so that I could scan them in for digital work today. I was able to
get pretty far with them and worked quite a lot faster than with my first
design but I feel that the overall quality suffered a little because of this. However,
any smudges or mistakes can hopefully be taken out when the images are in
Photoshop. I didn’t finish them during the course of the evening so I had to
get up early before the lecture to work on them some more and then spent some
time afterwards as well until about 2pm when I took them into the Mac suite to
put them into Photoshop.
The lecture was about the final 3 weeks of the course and I have
made lots of notes in my lecture book about the information we were given. It was
reassuring to have a much clearer picture about what was expected of us in the
days to come and exactly when our deadlines were.
I managed to get most of the work done on my designs before
my tutorial later this afternoon and I was able to show Claire the work I had
done using Photoshop. She showed me how to set the correct measurements for how
I would want the fabric to print and gave me some more information about
sending it. I had been rushing because yesterday she said that it would be a
good idea to get it sent by the end of today but she said that if I sent it now
it wouldn’t get printed until the bank holiday. However I am glad that I had a
deadline and worked hard to get it finished because at least now it is done.
I also showed Claire
the rest of my work that I had done since we last spoke and asked a few
questions about how it might be improved or what more I might need to do. I usually
prepare a list of questions before a tutorial but because I had been working
non-stop to try and get my designs ready to send off for printing I had not had
time to do this and so I felt that I didn’t really get the most out of it. Claire
said that if I had time I could consider adding some sort of simple colour to
some of my drawn designs because otherwise they might be overlooked when my
work was being marked. I told her that I was also unsure about what to display
at the exhibition and she advised that I keep generating work and that she and
the other tutors would be on hand on the day to help us decide how and what to
hang.
No comments:
Post a Comment