Thursday, 2 May 2013

Thurs 02.04.13



This morning I had my Part 3 presentation. I think that the presentation went quite well and Claire said that it was really interesting to hear about my design process and how I developed my work. I showed some pages from my inspiration book, some of my photographs, pages from my drawing book and initial drawn designs, some colour experiments and some examples of my printing and digital work. At the end I asked the group whether they preferred the hand done screen prints or my digital work and lots of people said that they thought that the digital work was strongest. Liv also asked me about how I was planning to display my work for the exhibition and whether I was planning to print out the digital designs onto fabric. This was something that I wasn’t sure about and Claire asked me to stay at the end so we could talk about it some more.

Claire told me that if I wanted to there would still be an opportunity to send some of work off for digital printing onto fabric at Tremough. She gave me instructions about how I would go about doing this and I suggested that I work some more on my designs and then show them to her during my tutorial tomorrow. I feel that if I wanted to display digitally printed fabric in the exhibition then my designs are not yet developed enough, but as printing needs to be sent away asap. I could always keep the work as samples instead. I would really like to display painting in my exhibition, but am (as I have been throughout the project) still nervous about the time constraints I am under and having fabric prints could give me an alternative exhibition piece so that if I do not manage to finish my paintings other work then I could viably display these. 

I spent a long time this evening painting my remaining 2 design tiles so that I could scan them in for digital work tomorrow. I was able to get pretty far with them and worked quite a lot faster than with my first design but I feel that the overall quality suffered a little because of this. However, any smudges or mistakes can hopefully be taken out when the images are in Photoshop.

No comments:

Post a Comment