Thursday, 9 May 2013

Thurs 09.05.13


Mask Design
Today I finished the drawings for my designs and began painting them. I found it a lot easier to paint these designs because they were much larger. I also had my inspiration sketchbook and lots more colour trials in my colour book to refer to so I spent a lot less time deliberating over which colours to use. It still took me quite a long time to do, but I didn’t want to rush the work. I think that with these designs I have been able to use subtler colours than with my first set. I have tried to put opposite colours together and to keep the palate quite earthy and muted. I have also left some areas of white space which I think will be useful when I come to digitally manipulate my designs.

With some of the elements which are purely pattern and I know I will want to put into repeat I have only designed one of them (eg. the beads) but in lots of different colours so that once in Photoshop I can the arrange and repeat these as I want. I have made a few smudges on my work, I think that this has happened more when working on an A2 scale and reaching across the larger page, but I will remove these digitally so they should not effect the finished designs. I have chosen not to paint all of my drawings, but have selected the ones which I think will work best and have the most interesting decorative features. Tomorrow I will scan in my paintings and begin to manipulate them on Photoshop.

No comments:

Post a Comment