Saturday, 2 March 2013

Sat 03.03.2013

Some Reflection on Part 2 - work, media, technique, outcomes etc.
Drawing Stage:
I feel that my drawing skills have improved / been refreshed significantly since the beginning of the course and as I noted before I have become more aware of the importance of the drawing process in terms of the development of my work. I have been told on  several occasions that my drawings are too light and that I need to use a softer pencil and make bolder marks. I find it difficult to draw things accurately first time round and so have begun to get around this issue by beginning with light marks and a hard pencil but then going over these marks several times with progressively darker and more accurate lines. I found out that I found it easier to draw things with clean lines such as buildings, but also that I enjoyed capturing the flowing lines of natural forms such as trees.

Sampling Stage:

I think that I have become more experienced with colour mixing and with more accurate / detailed paintwork. I have also learnt to free myself up with washes and more expressive brushmarks - but also the importance / variety of effects that be achieved by layering and working back into something. 

No comments:

Post a Comment