 |
| Vogue, Tribal Fashion Shoot |
I spent some time today collecting secondary sources to go
in my inspiration book, alongside my artist research. Compiling secondary
sources was a requirement for my last course and it is something which I have
continued to do. I find that it helps me to further un-pick images (such as
artist links) and define what it is that I am interested in within them,
especially in terms of colours, textures or patterns and also to find new
avenues
of inspiration within the
sources themselves. Also, because I am putting together my pages largely by the
theme of colour palate, adding secondary sources helps me to build on the
colours in the other images so that when I open up a page to look at I get a
real feel for that colour range and for the directions that I can go within it.
 |
| Vogue, Tribal Fashion Shoot |
I found lots of my images in magazines such as Vogue, where
the photography is really good quality and there are lots of fashion shoots and
other articles which have interesting images. Looking at the images and
inspiration which I have collected over the past few weeks I am continually
finding that I am most drawn to the African and North American Art. I think
that I would like to focus my project more specifically on these sources of inspiration.
Therefore I began to largely pick out secondary sources which echoed Tribal or Ethnic
fashions as I think that I want this kind of style to run throughout my work. I
realise that by using images of fashion and garments my sketchbook will look
quite fashion based, but I have not selected these images for the design of the
garments which they display but more for the colours and other qualities which I
see within them.
No comments:
Post a Comment