![]() |
| Indian Painting |
![]() |
| North American Costume |
I did however follow up my work at the RAAM by researching into North American/American Indian artefacts and I found that there were volumes of beautifully crafted and highly decorative items which I found really inspirational. I also thought that the style of this art merged well with the African art I have already looked at. The colours are very earthy and the use of things such as animal hides, feathers, hair and beading adds to this natural feel. I also considered looking into Mexican artefacts and textiles as I remember seeing some books about this at Tremough and I may have a look at these when I return to the library.
I am going to take home some books about North America over Easter but I think that I would definitely like to see some more artefacts first hand. I did some research into where I could do this and came across the Pitt Rivers Museum in Oxford which houses a huge collection of artefacts from all over the world. I also looked into Birmingham Museum and what is kept there as this is the nearest major city to where I live.
Pitt Rivers Museum


No comments:
Post a Comment