Monday, 11 March 2013

Mon 09.03.2013



 This morning I started looking at the research and inspiration I had collected so far and creating some colour swatches to go in my contextual sketchbook. I have decided to keep a ‘colour book’ during this project as when I am painting I always swatch my colour onto a piece of paper to see what they look like before I apply them. The paper usually ends up getting thrown away but I thought it would be a good idea to keep a record of these colour experiments for later reference when I am adding colour to my drawings. In relation to my research, this process also helps me to really ‘unpick’ the images and define what it is that I am interested about within them. With those which I have collected to influence me in terms of colour this forces me to look really carefully at the colours which are used, the subtleties of the tones included and how they interact with one another. I am getting faster at colour mixing as I practice, but it still often takes me quite a long time to get what I want. I think that this may be a problem in terms of producing work at a steady rate, but I am also keen not to rush this process and to keep in mind what I learnt during Part 2 about subtle colour mixing and adding opposite tones to ‘knock back’ a colour. 

Later in the day I also made some notes prior to my tutorial tomorrow about what I wanted to discuss with Jane. These included questions about my final outcome, my definitive project theme and the process I was going to follow. I also picked out examples of my Part 2 work to bring along to my tutorial which demonstrated skills and practices that I wanted to carry across into Part 3.

No comments:

Post a Comment