Monday, 11 March 2013

Fri 08.03.2013

Today I began to think about my sketchbooks and how to present my work. I want to follow a similar to system to that which I developed during Part 2, with most of my experimental and development work on A2 worksheets accompanied by several sketchbooks which serve different functions. I think that it is easier to put the main body of my work onto worksheets because it is easier to play around with grouping, order etc. and changing around presentation. Having separate sketchbooks helps me to organise myself and remember to cover different things such as drawing or contextual research.

Today I bought an A5 sketchbook to take with me on a daily basis should I wish to draw or record something. I also bought a larger book to contain my contextual research and my inspiration. I have begun to put this sketchbook together, using my research so far which I have grouped together onto pages with a similar focus. I want to group things in terms of colours, subject matter, styles etc. 

I spent quite a lot of the day formatting and printing the images which I had bookmarked or scanned in from books during the week so that these could go in my sketchbook. This was quite laborious and I think that I will need to find a way of making the process quicker in future. I also think that I need to try and be more selective with which images I chose to include for reference in my context book because as it stands I am spending a lot of time gathering absolutely everything that could be useful. I think this may partly be because I am still a little unsure about my project focus. I have booked a tutorial with Jane early next week in order to get a second perspective on my work and to help narrow down my focus.

No comments:

Post a Comment