Friday, 19 April 2013

Fri 19.04.13


Did some more work on my A2 design, this time using the motif of an owl which was developed from a thumbnail drawing in my inspiration sketchbook, inspire by a painting by Peter Muindva. I really liked using the shapes of the feathers, tied in with more natural forms such as vines and flowers to create a design which is full of flow and curvy, quite art nouveau, shapes.  I am liking these designs, but they are taking me quite a long time to complete, considering they are still only drawings and I am also aware that I should develop into something further, involving colour. I am finding it really useful to have all the sources of inspiration around me while I work and I think that it was probably worth taking the time to gather these beforehand as now I am wasting less time getting stuff for ideas. I am however, finding it difficult to use my photographs for inspiration as I don’t like drawing from a computer screen and I cannot easily flick through them and ear-mark ideas. I think that next week I will spend some time printing out my photographs and mounting them into some kind of sketchbook so that they are easily accessible.

No comments:

Post a Comment