Today I began drawing my initial designs. I used the method
of beginning in the centre of the page with an interesting image or motif and
then carefully expanding outwards so that all the elements of the design were
thoughtfully placed and interlinked. I tried to keep the design quite detailed
and delicate and added parts of pattern or embellishment to any blanker areas.
I
had been worried about getting my first ideas onto paper and drawing together
everything which I have learnt and been looking at, but I found it surprisingly
easy in the end. I had everything I needed in front of me in terms of
inspiration and I had already tried out drawing some of the images in my
sketchbook and context book. I plan to complete a few more designs like this
and then to expand them into something more developed, by using more
sophisticated motifs or by adding colour or repetition.
No comments:
Post a Comment