I also decided today that this week I would like to try some
printing so that I could show this work during my presentation on Thursday and
discuss it during my last tutorial. I spent some time tracing one of the motifs
from my A2 design sheet and then photocopied this so that it could be used to expose
a screen. However, when I photocopied the tracing paper, the lines had lots of
fuzzy shadows around them. When I did screen printing during Part 2 I had
another design which I had this problem with and consequently when I came to
print it through the screen the image came out blurry and not very good
quality. This mean that I had to start the process again by scanning in my
drawing into the computer, printing it out and then going over the lines in a
fine pen before I photocopied it again. This was annoying and set me back by
quite a long time, but I managed to get the design done in the end. I would
have saved time if I had managed to remember that I had experienced this problem
before and therefore avoided it.
Monday, 29 April 2013
Mon 29.04.13
Today I drew out my other two designs. I had some problems
with the geometric tile because I was drawing it out free hand but because it
had lots of straight lines in it, it was obvious where things didn’t quite align
or where my lines were a bit wonky. I had to start the design again and this
time I drew out a faint grid first so that I could keep everything in line with
that. I also used a ruler for some longer lines, but kept this to a minimum as I
didn’t want the design to have too much of a harsh feel. With the last design, I
kept it smaller because I felt that the process was taking too long and I needed
to get going with other experimentation. I used a range of very stylised faces,
developed from my previous drawings, which had lots going on in terms of
patterns and shapes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment