Over the last couple of days I have continued Monday’s work
and tried to get my context book done. I am happy with the layout of the pages
now, although this took quite a while to do. I have also left out some of the
images so far, ones which are less important in terms of making thumbnail
drawings or colour swatches from and I will just have these around me when I am
working and stick them down properly later so that I can get on with the next
stages of my project sooner. On the first few pages so far I have added little
squares of colour swatches and some small pencil drawings about design ideas
and patterns which I have picked out of the images. I have also added notes
about the artists, what I like about the images and my own ideas about how to
incorporate these things into my work. I am pleased with the overall look and
feel that it looks quite professional and well done. It is a scrapbook, but it
isn’t hectic and overcrowded like some of my scrapbook work in the past has
been.
When creating the colour swatches I looked really carefully
at the tones within the images and picked out a selection which I thought made
an interesting range when combined together. But finding the colours in other
artists work or within secondary sources I was able to branch out from the
somewhat limited palate that I can see within my imagination and think more
openly about all the different colour palates that I could use.
I am hoping to get started on some more observational
drawing tomorrow as I am going to visit the Pitt Rivers Museum in Oxford, which
is a collection of anthropology and archaeology from around the world. I am
hoping to find some interesting artefacts here which are useful from a decorative
perspective, but I am also keen to find things which have cultural/historical significance.
I have done some research today into how to get to the museum and what is in
the collections so that I can effectively use my day.
No comments:
Post a Comment