I did some more drawing in my sketchbook, using my photographs because I felt that I was becoming a little repetitive in using the same motifs and elements which had become my ‘favourites’ and I could do with re-focusing on some new ideas. I have also started drawing out three smaller designs. My plan with these is to paint them and scan them into Photoshop and then use this to layer them on top of each other. I am going to try this approach because I still really want to use painting in my work, but I am concerned about how much ground I will be able to cover in the limited time I have by working in paint alone as I am really slow at painting.
This technique will also allow me to rearrange and layer my
designs to hopefully achieve a strong sense of depth. I am going to make my
three designs into cut-throughs so that they will perfectly tessellate when
they are joined onto each other and put into repeat. I have decided that each
of the three designs will focus on something different, one will about geometrics
and patterns which will go at the back, another about natural forms and then
the final will figures and faces. I think that this will allow me to combine
all the different things which I have been interested in and to explore how
they interact together. I have begun drawing the natural forms design tile because
this is the one which I feel most comfortable with and also as it will sit in
the middle of the composition, I am going to use the colour I chose for it to
help me decided what colours to use for the other two tiles.
No comments:
Post a Comment