 |
| Eden Project |
Over the past two days I have created a mini sketchbook
containing the photographs which I took during my trips to the Pitt Rivers
Museum, V&A, British Museum and Eden Project. This has taken me quite a
long time to do and I do feel that it is less important than my design and
studio work but I also think that it will help me when I return to designing as
even from sorting through the photographs I have lots of new ideas. Began by
sorting through the photographs and finding the ones which I thought would be
most useful because I need it would take too long to include all of them and I would
be overwhelmed with information to look at. I also edited the photographs to
better bring out the colours and the qualities of the images. This means that I
am happy with the overall look of my photos and sketchbook, but I think it is
another instance of me getting to bogged down in good presentation when actually
I could have worked from some of the images before they were edited. However those
which I have cropped in order to focus on a particular area or brightened so
that I can see them better are now definitely easier to work from. I am also pleased with some of the images as photographs in their own right, particularly some which I took at the Eden Project as it was difficult to get good quality shots in the darkened museums and exhibits.
 |
Victoria & Albert
Museum |
I have grouped them in the sketchbook by the exhibit where
they were taken and then within that by elements such as what colours they
show, whether they are purely about pattern, whether they are figures or faces
or natural forms. This has also been helpful for when trying to make sense of
all the information and ideas which I have.
 |
| Pitt Rivers Museum |
Tomorrow I am going to return to my design work and really
try to finish my A2 drawing so that I can set it aside as completed and start
looking at ways which I can develop it and my existing work into further
designs. I think that it is important to start using colour again soon, but I am
also glad that I have spent time looking at the actual patterns and the
intricacies of my drawings.
No comments:
Post a Comment