This morning I had a seminar about the assessment criteria
and in the afternoon I had a tutorial with Claire. The seminar was really
useful, because it helped me to understand what is required of use for the
assessment. I had looked at the criteria at the beginning of Part 3 and at some
points throughout, but sometimes it is hard to understand the jargon which is
used, so it was helpful to have my own notes to refer to. I was however, still left with some
questions, so I wrote these down to take to my tutorial later.
I also prepared a few other questions and things I wanted to
clarify before I spoke to Claire. I asked her about changing the project
proposal as I wanted mine to be more focussed and talk about my inspirations in
African and North American Art. She said that it was still fine to do this if
it was handed in by the end of the week. At my request, she also went back over
with me the concept of the catalogue and what I needed to do for it. I have
been struggling with completing my journal to a time limit every day and am
finding that it takes a big chunk out of my evening when I want to be doing
other work so I asked about the recommended amount of writing which should go
in the journal each day. Claire said it was hard to specify, but probably
around a couple of paragraphs (I am going to try and make mine more concise so
that I can complete it a bit more quickly.
Claire also said that it was hard to go into specifics about
my other question, which was about what constitutes a ‘high’ or ‘low’ standard of
work across the assessment criteria, as this is how the grading is split into
pass, merit and distinction. She said in terms of amount, one very good sketchbook
or a collection of around 10 or more worksheets would be a good standard to aim
for. But some people may produce less work, but of a higher quality and vice
versa.
I showed Claire all the work I had done so far and talked
about what I had been doing since my last tutorial and direction that my ideas
were going in. She suggested that in general I try to be more expressive with
my work and not to worry too much about presentation as she thinks this will
not be an issue with me. She said that I could put my other inspiration images
onto a worksheet which would be quicker than organising them in my sketchbook. I took on board what Claire told me, particularly
the point about loosening up my style so that I could produce more work during
the time. This is something which I have been told before and have struggled
with doing. I am going to try my best not to get too caught up in being a
perfectionist or avoiding making a start on things for fear of doing them
wrong.
No comments:
Post a Comment